I get it. Not every photographer will be best suited to every person. It’s a fact of life.
My Mama always said, “life is like a box of chocolates” My girl, Dita Von Teese once said, “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world
Anywho, I have put together a list of ideas to help you choose a photographer and hopefully it helps you find that special someone you really click with. I hope it is me, but I understand if it isn’t.
Oh and bonus: Check out My Wedding Photographer & More – they are like the Tinder for brides and wedding photographers.
How to Choose a Photographer
1. Choose someone who “gets” you – set up a meeting to see if your personalities click. Consider this your “first date” if you will. This is when you need to find out everything you can about them and see if they really match your interests and your lifestyle because otherwise, what is the point?
2. Choose someone whose style is what you love – vintage, hazy, bold, traditional? Don’t ask them to do something they’re not. You will end up disappointed. Look at their portfolio and I mean reeeeally look at. Look at everything they have on their website. Still like it? Great. Book ’em!
3. Make sure your photographer offers the products and packages you want. If you want a wedding album, make sure it is included or at least offered by your photographer. If you don’t want reception coverage, make sure you’re not paying for it.
4. Make sure you sign a contract. Every wedding photographer worth their salt has a contract that will tell you exactly what will happen in the event something goes wrong. Make sure they have a plan b and make sure you don’t get screwed over.
5. Trust your gut instinct, it is always right. Even if you cant pinpoint exactly what is wrong if you feel like something is off, it is. End of story.